NWASA is committed to the following principles and values to which its members are required to subscribe:
- democratic decision-making and participation in the affairs of NWASA;
- access, accountability, transparency, and ethical conduct;
- compassion, fairness, and honesty;
- commitment to the following rights and freedoms enshrined in the BU and UDHR, namely: freedom of thought, freedom of opinion and expression; respect for human rights;
- anti-racism, anti-sexism, anti-homophobia and anti-xenophobia.